Thursday, May 5, 2016

BioArt & Art

This week I will be discussing my beliefs and feelings on the experimenting on animals, fast foods and how they food is being processed, and the creation of hybrid animals.
http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2011/04/classic-hate-mail-to-general-motors-featuring-pig-crash-test-dummies/237125/
We talked about ways where animal testing is commonly used. this is an example of animals being used as crash test dummies. “To be sure, GM's practices at the time represent a dark chapter in the history of automobile R & D. In September of that year, The New York Times reported that a GM spokesman admitted that about 19,000 dogs, rabbits, pigs, ferrets, rats, and mice had been killed during the previous decade in automobile safety tests."  I do believe that some experiments should require animals. This would be a experiment where we should use animals instead of humans.
There are organization who do not believe animals should not be used for experimental reasons at all.
http://www.peta.org/issues/animals-used-for-experimentation/
The organization PETA, is a very known organization that disapproves this discussion. They talk more about how animals are being locked in cages and that it causes them to be lonely and depressed. This is a example of taking away from the animals freedom and turning them into volunteers for humans. It is basically degrading animals.
As a big fan of the Big Mac, I did not like what I’ve seen from the Big Mac. I am actually surprise that the food can have so many chemicals in it to allow it no to change over time. With that being said I do not believe that the chemicals are destroying your body but it is slowing down your metabolism which causes you to gain weight in and feel unhealthy.


http://switchzoo.com/rhinoceros_habitat.html
Lastly, I am against going against nature and creating hybrid animals because I believe nothing should ever be forced it should just happen on it’s own. As I research more about this topic I’ve came across a website that allows you to create your own hybrid animals and again I still stand as not willing to see hybrid animals in real life becaus


1 comment:

  1. That Mcdonalds video is crazy! i love mcdonalds and its terrible knowing i'm eating food that doesn't even mold over time like normal food does. I'll definitely be cutting down on my Mcdonalds consumption. I also believe that the 'animal crash dummy' is completely wrong, i think it's wrong to do that to innocent animals and it is honestly sad to see and hear about. Cool blog!

    ReplyDelete