Monday, April 11, 2016

MATH & ART

Last week we discussed the differences between Science and Art. There weren’t many differences between the two but this week we learn the difference between Art and Math. These two have nothing in common at all both different subjects and influence our culture different.
http://www.mathactivities.net/
As a young elementary student math was my strong class. It was simple they gave us a formula and had us put in a couple of numbers and then there you have it you solved a math problem. They even tried to trick you up using word problems and cause you to think more and more but at the end of the day if the number is not correct then you are wrong. I looked at math as a guidance in life really it was either the right way or the wrong way. It's how my teacher Mr. Williams taught it to me.

Pi
This video discusses that Pi is the mathematical language that you need to know.  It also states that everything can be understood through numbers and it causes patterns. 




Stand and Deliver

I remember watching this film in high school; I do find this way of learning how to do the finger math. But what I like about this video it gives you a different way of learning your times tables.
http://mathcrush.com/graph_worksheets.html

This is an example of how art and math combine together. The Two make math funnier to learn and comprehend for children in elementary. 
http://money-art.tumblr.com/ 
The main reason why math is my favorite subject because it teaches you how to manage your money. Without learning math I would not be at UCLA taking these classes. 




No comments:

Post a Comment